Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wintertime Catch Up

For Christmas, Santa brought the kids an XBOX game where they can walk through Disneyland and ride the rides and walk through the park.  Ella and Eli both love it.  (Although the way they walk through the park makes me nauseous, so I can't really watch them play unless Nick does the walking for them!)

When Brady & Reagan came over, Ella was so excited to show the new game to them.  Here are some pics of them walking through the park and flying through Neverland with Peter Pan.


We had a long winter this year.  At the end of February, there was a snow storm.  Another 12+ inches fell on my first day of spring break at the end of March!  Luckily, both melted away pretty quickly.  Here are some pictures from the Feb. snowstorm.  The one in March was honestly too deep to take the kids out.



We had so much fun!  But it was REALLY cold!
Here's some other fun stuff from this winter:
Playing with Sierra (3/2)
Why, yes, she did put down her apple to lick the chocolate crumbs out of a tiny cake dish....
She IS my child after all....

A leprechaun tricked us!
He colored our chocolate chip pancakes green!
3/22--Eli, you ate Harley's dog treats with her....GROSS!!!!
This is not a first; you are always trying to sneak Scout's dog food & have figured out
which pieces you can eat & which ones are too hard to chew. :-P
For Lent this year, I really tried talk with Ella about the season.  It's really important to me to teach her that we don't just celebrate Christmas and then just jump ahead to Easter.  There was a lot of really important stuff that happened in between all of that.  For Lent this year, I gave up playing games on my phone (this was an enormous sacrifice for me!) and Nick gave up drinking tea (probably a big one for him too) and each day Ella colored in a square on the Lent calendar.  I hope that all of this instills in my kids a sense of excitement and expectancy about Easter that has nothing to do with the Easter bunny or colorful eggs hidden around a backyard.





Normally, all the fuss is over the girls' dresses, so
Kristin & I made matching ties for the boys this year.
They're SO handsome!
Huge Surprise....Eli refused to cooperate for our photo session when
candy was out in plain sight!
And that pretty much wraps up this winter for our family....spring time updates coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment