Monday, March 18, 2013

Ugh....what a day....

*sigh* 

The Diary of a Complainer

How does a whole day get away from you sometimes?  I started out the day like every other day, reading Scripture, in prayer, and optimistic for the day.  So what happened?  Where did it fall apart?  (Kristin suggested perhaps I didn't get enough sleep last night....)

It just wasn't what I wanted; I wasn't the person I wanted to be today....

....in conversations with others--How many times did I drop the F bomb today?  I don't even know.  What?  That's not me.

....in teaching my students--I lost my patience with my students today.  Not in front of them, to their faces, but in complaints about them after they left.  I realized we only have 7 Mondays left this school year....that's NOT ENOUGH TIME.  I need more time with them, focused and productive, every time.

....in cooking dinner--My spaghetti sauce tonight was SO thin and watery.  Gross.  I realize this is such a minor detail, but in a night when comfort food was hoped for, it's not what I needed.

....(and most importantly) in disciplining the kids--ouch.  That one is a tough one to admit.  Ella and Eli, you both got several time outs and spankings tonight.  It kills me that IF you learned a lesson today, it was probably "When Mommy is crabby, stay away," instead of what I was trying to teach you about listening when I ask you to do something.  "Eli, get your hands out of the dog bowl! GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF THE DOG'S WATER DISH!!!!"  "Ella, clean up your room.  It'd better be clean by the time I get in there!  ELLA! THIS ROOM IS NOT CLEAN!"

I tried to take a hot shower to relax and let go of the day's events.  And shampoo got in my eye!  Boo.

*sigh*

Ella gave me a good hug tonight when I tucked her in and I breathed in the moment, and I know I'll do better tomorrow.

Just in case Kristin was right, I'll go to bed now.....

PS--So much has happened since the last blog!  One of my spring break goals is to catch it up....I guess we'll see next week....


1 comment:

  1. Hey Carla,
    Give yourself a break lady! Not every day turns out the way we hope. Remember that today is a new day, and the fact that you realize yesterday was bad makes you a good person. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete